Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis)
Rosemary is an aromatic, evergreen shrub whose leaves are frequently used to flavor foods such as stuffings, pork, roast lamb, chicken, and turkey. Along with its culinary applications, Rosemary has many benefits.
Rosemary supports healthy digestion and internal organ function. Long revered by healers, Rosemary was considered sacred by the ancient Greek, Roman, Egyptian, and Hebrew cultures. Rosemary’s herbaceous and energising scent is frequently used in aromatherapy. Taken internally, it helps to reduce nervous tension and occasional fatigue.
Having an antioxidant ORAC value of 3,300, rosemary has the same free radical fighting power as goji berries! The chemical in rosemary primarily responsible for this is carnosol, a phenolic diterpene.
Emotionally, Rosemary is known as the Oil of Knowledge and Transition. It assists in the development of tru knowledge and tru intellect. It teaches that one can be instructed from a far greater space of understanding than the human mind. It challenges individuals to look deeper than they normally would and ask more soul-searching questions so that they may receive more inspired answers.
Rosemary assists individuals who struggle with learning disabilities. It brings expansion to the mind, supporting individuals in receiving new information and new experiences.
Rosemary supports us in feeling confident and assured during times of great change in understanding or perspective. Rosemary roots us in true knowledge that surpasses all understanding.
To order your essential oils, click here
1, 8-Cineole, α-pinene, camphor
Analgesic, Thins Mucous, Improves brain function, Stimulant
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Supports healthy respiratory function.
- May help to support healthy digestion.
- Helps reduce nervous tension and occasional fatigue.
- Apply to scalp and massage for an abundant looking head of hair.
- Take internally to support healthy internal organ function.
- Add one to two drops of Rosemary essential oil to meats and favourite entrees.
- Blend with Wintergreen and doTERRA lotion for a soothing massage experience.
- Blends with Melaleuca and Basil for a stimulating scalp massage.
- Diffuse while studying to maintain concentration.
- Mix equal parts Rosemary and Lavender for stress reduction.
- Combine with Epsom salts and Frankincense for a rejuvenating bath experience.
- Blends with Cardamom, Lemongrass, Geranium or Clary Sage.
- Naturally repels insects.