Myrrh (Commiphora Myrrha)
Ancient records show that Myrrh was deemed so valuable that at times it was valued at its weight in gold. Myrrh essential oil is derived from the gummy resin of the small, thorny Myrrh tree and has been used for centuries for its internal and external health benefits.
Myrrh has been used throughout history as a perfume, incense, and health aid. It was also employed in embalming and religious ceremonies. Myrrh has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat. It is also soothing to the skin, promoting a smooth, youthful-looking complexion and promotes emotional balance and well-being.
Emotionally, Myrrh is known as the Oil of Mother Earth, nurturing the souls relationship with it’s maternal mother and the earth. This oil supports individuals who have had disturbances with the mother-child bond. Whether it is a division between the child and the biological mother or whether it’s mother earth herself, Myrrh can help bridge the gap and heal the disturbance. This division or lack of attachment may be related to adoption, birth trauma, malnourished, experiences of abandonment, or other childhood issues.
When the mother-child bond has been disrupted, the soul may lose it’s childlike ability to trust. Feelings of trust are replaced with feelings of fear and a belief that the world is unsafe. Myrrh assists individuals in letting go of fear. Through reestablishing a healthy connection to the earth and to one’s own mother, Myrrh rekindles trust within the soul. As the individual learns to once again live in trust, confidence in the goodness of life returns and the soul feels more safe and at home on the earth.
To order your essential oils, click here
Furanoedudesma 1, 3-diene, curzerene
Anti-inflammatory, Antiviral, Antimicrobial, Expectorant, Anti-infectious, Carminative, Antifungal
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Myrrh has a warm, rich, balsamic, earthy scent that blends best with Frankincense, but also Lavender, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Juniper, Geranium, Rosemary, Sage, Clove, Patchouli, and Peppermint.
- Myrrh increases spiritual awareness and promotes a creative, inspiring, energetic mood when used in aromatherapy and massage.
- Diffuse Myrrh to help promote awareness and uplift your mood.
- This essential oil promotes emotional balance and well-being.
- It has powerful cleansing properties, especially for the mouth and throat.
- Myrrh can be used to support healthy immune function and response, the respiratory system, and the health of the mouth and throat.
- It may help to support healthy respiratory function.
- Soothing to the skin, Myrrh promotes a smooth, youthful looking complexion.
- Add one to two drops to toothpaste for added cleansing benefits.
- Add to your lotion/moisturizer to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Add one to two drops of Myrrh to one-fourth cup of water with a little agave or honey to help ease the stomach.
- Put one drop in two ounces of water and gargle for an effective mouth rinse.
- Add one drop of it to a daily moisturizer to help promote youthful looking skin.
- Diffuse Myrrh when tension levels are high.
- May help to promote healthy immune function and response.
- Myrrh has surface cleansing properties.
- It may support healthy cellular function.
- It helps to relax the musculoskeletal system and relieve tension.
- Combine a few drops of Myrrh with Wild Orange and Roman Chamomile and add to your bath for an aromatherapy experience that also promotes healthy looking skin.
- Try diffusing Myrrh during the holidays to maintain peaceful feelings throughout the home.