Lime (Citrus Aurantifolia)
Cold-pressed from the peel of fresh limes, doTERRA Lime essential oil is refreshing and energising in both aroma and taste. Limes are frequently used in entrees and beverages for their fresh, citrus flavor. Due to its high limonene content, Lime provides internal cleansing benefits and can be diffused to help purify the air. It’s also an effective and natural surface cleaner.
Lime is known for its ability to uplift, balance, and energise. Lime is frequently used in facial and body cleansers for its purifying properties and uplifting scent.
Emotionally, Lime is known as The Oil of Zest for Life. When an individual has been weighed down by discouragement or grief, Lime elevates them above the mire. It instills courage and cheer in the heart and reminds them to be grateful for the gift of life.
Lime cleanses the heart, especially when there has been an accumulation of emotional toxins due to avoidance or repression. This oil revitalises the heart space, giving room for light and joy. It clears discouragement, depression and suicidal thoughts and feelings. Lime shines light on inner motives hidden in the heart and encourages emotional honesty.
Lime can also assist the individual who has overly developed their intellectual capacities but has neglected to develop themselves emotionally. This oil encourages balance between the heart and mind. It clears congestion from the heart region, assisting one in feeling safe and at home in their heart. Lime dispels apathy and resignation and instils hope, joy, courage and the determination to face all of life’s challenges.
To order your essential oils, click here
Limonene, β-pinene, γ-terpinene
Anti-inflammatory, Antiseptic, Antioxidant, Antibacterial, Tonic, Uplifting, Detoxifier, Disinfectant, Diuretic
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Lime essential oil supports healthy immune function.
- It positively affects mood with stimulating and refreshing properties.
- It is often used as an internal cleanser.
- Lime promotes emotional balance and well-being.
- Diffuse Lime to cleanse the air and uplift mood.
- Put some Lime on a cotton pad to help remove grease spots and sticker residue.
- Add a drop of Lime to drinking water for enhanced flavor and antioxidant support.
- Add one drop to facial cleansers, shampoos, or toothpastes for added cleansing properties.
- Combine Lime with Melaleuca essential oil for a soothing scalp massage.
- Add a drop of this bright and tangy oil to your salsa.
- Diffuse it while studying, and then apply it to the wrists while testing on those subjects later.
- Lime essential oil blends with Cedarwood, Black Pepper, Cilantro, Lemon, Lemongrass, and Melaleuca.
- Replace sugary beverages by adding a drop of Lemon and Lime in water for a refreshing flavor.
- Lime reduces the appearances of blemishes and keeps the skin looking healthy when applied topically.
- It may support healthy lung and respiratory function.
- It promotes clean, healthy looking teeth.
- This essential oil may support the health of the brain and nervous system, while having calming properties on the nervous system.
- Lime is energising and uplifting when diffused or applied topically.
- It supports healthy weight management.
- It supports healthy metabolism.
- Lime may support healthy blood sugar and cholesterol levels already in the normal range.
- It may support healthy immune function and response.
- It supports gastrointestinal function and health and relieves occasional heartburn and indigestion.
- Lime may support the health of the colon.
- Lime may also help to support cardiovascular health.