Lemon (Citrus Limon)
Lemon’s refreshing scent is loved by all. This uplifting citrus aroma is invigorating and incredibly cleansing.
It purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, it provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day.
Lemon is frequently added to food to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes. Taken internally, it provides cleansing and digestive benefits and supports healthy respiratory function.
When diffused, it is very uplifting and energising and has been shown to help improve mood.
Emotionally, Lemon is known as the Oil of Focus, nourishing the mind and aiding in concentration. While Lemon supports the emotional body, it’s major effects are experienced in the mental field.
The crisp scent of Lemon oil improves one’s ability to focus. Lemon is a wonderful aid for children struggling with school. It teaches individuals to e mentally present by focusing on one thing at a time. Lemon dispels confusion and bestows clarity. It counterbalances mental fatigue due to too much studying or reading. Lemon restores energy, mental flexibility and the drive to complete a project.
Lemon is especially helpful in cases of learning disorders. Whether an individual has a difficult time concentrating or feels incapable of learning, lemon clears self-judgements about learning such as “I’m dumb” or “I’m not a good student”. Lemon calms fears and insecurities while restoring confidence in the Self.
Emotionally, Lemon inspires a natural playfulness and buoyancy in the heart. It assists in releasing feelings of depression by restoring feelings of joy and happiness. Lemon inspires joyful involvement in the present moment by infusing the soul with energy, confidence and alertness.
To order your essential oils, click here
Limonene, ß pinenes, γ-terpimene
Antiseptic, Diuretic, Antioxidant, Antibacterial, Detoxification, Disinfectant, Mucolytic, Astringent, Degreaser
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Lemon cleanses and purifies the air and surfaces.
- When diffused, Lemon is very uplifting and energising and may help to improve mood.
- It naturally cleanses the body and aids in digestion.
- It supports healthy respiratory function.
- It may help with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Diffuse Lemon to promote a positive mood.
- Take Lemon internally to assist with seasonal respiratory discomfort.
- Add Lemon essential oil to a spray bottle of water to clean tables, counter tops, and other surfaces.
- Lemon oil makes a great furniture polish; simply add a few drops to olive oil to clean, protect, and shine wood finishes.
- Use a cloth soaked in Lemon essential oil to preserve and protect your leather furniture and other leather surfaces or garments.
- Lemon essential oil is a great remedy for the early stages of tarnish on silver and other metals.
- Put a few drops of Lemon on a rag to help remove stubborn, sticky residue off surfaces.
- Wash hands with Lemon essential oil to remove grease after changing the oil in the car.
- Add Lemon to enhance the flavor of desserts and main dishes.
- It promotes healthy functioning of the GI tract.
- Use Lemon essential oil in an oral rinse to soothe the mouth and throat.