Ginger (Zingiber Officinale)
Newly sourced from Madagascar, doTERRA Ginger essential oil is derived from the fresh rhizome of the ginger plant, the subterranean stalk of a plant that shoots out the root system.
A featured ingredient in many Asian dishes, Ginger has a hot, fragrant flavor when used as a kitchen spice. In Western tradition, Ginger is most often used in sweets, gingerbread and ginger snaps being two examples.
Studies have been conducted on Ginger for its common effect on joint health; however, Ginger is best known as a digestive aid and for helping to ease occasional indigestion and nausea. Ginger essential oil can also be applied topically or inhaled to help reduce feelings of nausea.
Emotionally, Ginger is known as the Oil of Empowerment. Ginger holds no reservations. It has a purpose and it will fulfil it! Ginger powerfully persuades individuals to be fully present and participate in life. It teaches that to be successful in life one must be fully committed to it.
Ginger empowers individuals in taking complete responsibility for their life circumstances. It infuses a warrior-like mentality based on personal integrity, centralised responsibility and individual choice.
Here the individual sees themselves as the creator of their own life No longer waiting for outside circumstances to change, they choose their own identity. The empowered individual assumes full responsibility and accountability for the consequences of their actions or inactions.
To order your essential oils, click here
Anti-inflammatory, Antispasmodic, Digestive, Laxative, Analgesic, Stimulant, Decongestant, Neurotonic
Blends Well With
How to Use
- During a long car ride along windy roads, diffuse or place a drop of Ginger in the palm of your hand and inhale.
- May help to support healthy digestion.*
- May help to support healthy joint function.*
- May help to reduce bloating, gas, and occasional indigestion.*
- Apply over lower abdomen for a soothing massage.
- May help reduce occasional nausea.*
- Great to add to your dinner for enhanced flavor.
- Use one to two drops in place of whole ginger in favorite recipes.
- Diffuse to help create a sense of equilibrium.
- Diffuse for added energy in late afternoons.
- Delivers antioxidant protection.*
- Use with Fractionated Coconut Oil for a stimulating massage.