Frankincense (Boswelia Frereana)
Renowned as one of the most prized and precious essential oils, Frankincense has extraordinary health benefits. In addition to its notoriety in the New Testament, the Babylonians and Assyrians would burn Frankincense in religious ceremonies and the ancient Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin.
This centuries-old knowledge contributes to the modern uses of Frankincense today. It’s soothing and beautifying properties are used to rejuvenate skin and help reduce the appearance of imperfections. As the king of oils, Frankincense is known to support healthy cellular function. When inhaled or diffused, Frankincense promotes feelings of peace, relaxation, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
Emotionally, Frankincense is known as the Oil of Truth. It reveals deceptions and false truths an invites individuals to let go of lower vibrations, lies, deceptions and negativity.
This oil helps create new perspectives based on light and truth. Frankincense recalls to memory spiritual understanding, gifts, wisdom and knowledge the soul brought into the world.
It is a powerful cleanser of spiritual darkness. Frankincense assists in pulling the “scales of darkness” from the eyes, the barriers from the mind and the walls from the heart. Through connecting the soul with it’s inner light, this oil reveals the truth.
To order your essential oils, click here
α-phellandrenes, α-thujene, Alpha pinene
Immunostimulant, Anti-cancer, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-depressant, Restorative
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Frankincense is one of the most prized and precious essential oils due to its extensive health benefits.*
- It was used anciently in everything from perfumes to lotions for soothing the skin.
- Frankincense comes from the Boswellia species of tree and is native to Ethiopia, Somalia, India, and the Arabic Peninsula and has been used in Ayurvedic and traditional Chinese health practices.
- It induces feelings of peace, satisfaction, and overall wellness.
- This essential oil has soothing properties.
- Diffuse Frankincense during your morning yoga practice to focus your intention for the day.
- Take one to two drops of this essential oil in a doTERRA Veggie Capsule to support healthy cellular function.*
- Add Frankincense to a moisturizer to reduce the appearance of blemishes and to rejuvenate the skin.
- When traveling somewhere dry, apply Frankincense to the cuticles and nailbeds to maintain healthy looking fingernails.
- Apply this essential oil to the bottoms of the feet to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- After a day of outdoor activity, massage Frankincense into the hands and feet for a warming and soothing effect.
- Frankincense promotes cellular health and can be consumed daily for these internal benefits.*
- It may support healthy immune function and response.*
- Frankincense helps to support the overall health of the digestive system and the GI tract.*
- It may help to support healthy lung and respiratory function, especially when combined with citrus oils.*
- It helps to keep the gums, the teeth, and the mouth looking clean and healthy.
- This essential oil helps to support the health of the cardiovascular system.*
- Frankincense is calming, soothing, and relaxing to the nervous system and supports healthy nervous system function.*
- It may have cleansing properties and can help to protect against environmental threats.
- Frankincense promotes healthy joint function.*
- Frankincense can provide soothing support throughout the entire body.*
- It helps to support healthy liver function.*
- It supports a healthy musculoskeletal system.*
- Frankincense may help to support healthy bladder and urinary tract function.*