Douglas Fir (Pseudotsuga Menziesii)
Douglas Fir is a conifer that grows natively throughout North America. This tall, evergreen fir tree is frequently used in the Christmas tree industry and has a lemon scented note that’s sweet and refreshing.
Douglas Fir has a unique chemical composition that’s particularly rich in beta-pinene, contributing to its ability to promote feelings of clear airways. Douglas Fir can also be used to purify the skin and promote a positive mood. Blending Douglas Fir with citrus oils will create an uplifting environment while freshening the air.
Emotionally, Douglas Fir is known as the Oil of Generational Wisdom. Sharing similar qualities with White Fir, they both address generational issues by inviting individuals to break free from destructive traditions passed down through their families.
Douglas Fir assists individuals to live according to their own conscience and values by letting go of harmful patterns. It teaches that each generation can be a gift of new life. Additionally, Douglas Fir teaches individuals to learn from and value others’ experiences, especially one’s family and ancestors.
To order your essential oils, click here
Beta-pinene, Alpha-pinene, 3-carvene, Sabinene
Antioxidant, Analgesic, Antimicrobial, Antiseptic, Anti-cattarhal, Astringent, Diuretic, Expectorant, Laxative, Sedative, Stimulant, Tonic
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Combine Douglas Fir with Wild Orange, Lemon, or Bergamot in a diffuser to freshen the air, uplift mood, and promote a sense of focus.
- Add 1 drop to facial cleanser, bar soap, or body wash for added cleansing benefits and an invigorating aroma.
- Diffuse 2–3 drops Douglas Fir with 2–3 drops Eucalyptus, or rub into hands and inhale deeply to promote feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
- Combine with 1-2 drops of Wintergreen for a relaxing massage experience.
- Promotes feelings of clear airways and easy breathing.
- Cleansing and purifying to the skin.
- Promotes a positive mood and sense of focus.