Cypress ( Cupressus Sempervirens)
Derived from the branches of the tall evergreen tree, Cypress essential oil has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energising and refreshing. Cypress is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists. Cypress can be diffused or inhaled directly, but should not be swallowed or taken internally.
Cypress contains monoterpenes, making it beneficial for oily skin conditions. It has a grounding, yet stimulating effect on the emotions, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
Emotionally, it is known as the Oil of Motion & Flow. This powerful oil creates energetic flow and emotional catharsis. Stagnant energies are brought into motion through the fluid energy of this oil. Cypress works in the heart and mind, creating flexibility.
Cypress teaches the soul how to let go of the past by moving with the flow of life. This oil is especially indicated for individuals who are mentally or emotionally stuck, stiff, rigid, tense, over-striving, or have perfectionistic tendencies. This “hard-driving” stems from fear and the need to control. The individual tries to force things in life rather than allowing them to unfold naturally.
Cypress encourages individuals to cast aside their worries and let go of control so they can enjoy the thrill that comes from being alive. It reminds individuals that “damnation” is simply the discontinuation of growth and development . Cypress shows how to have perfect trust in the flow of life.
To order your essential oils, click here
Alpha-pinene, Carene, Limonene
Antibacterial, Antiseptic, Anti-rheumatic, Stimulant, Vasoconstrictor, Tonifying
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Cypress has a fresh, clean aroma that’s energizing and refreshing.
- Cypress has a grounding, yet stimulating effect on the emotions, making it a popular oil to diffuse during times of transition or loss.
- It is frequently used in spas and by massage therapists.
- Combine this essential oil with Marjoram, Lavender, and Peppermint for a soothing neck massage oil blend.
- Cypress blends well with Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Coriander, Frankincense, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Lime, Marjoram, Wild Orange, Rosemary, and Sandalwood essential oils.
- Prior to a long run, apply Cypress to the feet and legs for an energizing boost.
- Apply two to three drops of it to the chest before gardening to promote vitality and energy.
- Diffuse Cypress to reduce anxious feelings.
- Add one to two drops to a facial toner to help improve the appearance of oily skin.
- When applied topically, Cypress can help to keep the skin looking healthy while reducing the appearance of blemishes.
- Diffuse Cypress with Lime essential oil for an invigorating scent.
- This essential oil has cleansing and calming effects when applied topically.
- Cypress has surface cleansing properties.