Clove (Eugenia Caryophyllata)
Clove has been used for years in dental preparations, candy, and gum for its flavor and ability to cleanse the mouth, yet it provides a myriad of benefits. Its main chemical component, eugenol, makes it a very stimulating and energising essential oil that can be used as a warming massage oil.
Clove contains powerful antioxidant properties and supports cardiovascular health when taken internally. As a cooking spice, Clove adds a spicy flavor to any dish or dessert while providing internal health benefits. One drop can clean the teeth and gums while promoting fresh breath.
Emotionally, Clove is known as the Oil of Boundaries, supporting individuals in letting go of victim mentality. Victims feel overly influenced by other people and outside circumstances. They perceive themselves as powerless to change their life situations. Clove helps individuals to stand up for themselves, be proactive, and feel capable of making their own decisions, regardless of others’ opinions or responses.
Clove gives the the pushover the courage to say “no”. It reignites the inner soul-fire and can assist anytime there has been damage to the Self, related to childhood pain, trauma or abuse. Clove is especially helpful for breaking free of patterns of abuse by restoring the victims sense of Self and helping them regain the strength to stand up for their needs. Clove insists that individuals live true to themselves and the divine by establishing clear boundaries.
To order your essential oils, click here
Antioxidant, Antiviral, Antibacterial, Antifungal, Expectorant, Nervine, Antiparasitic, Regenerative, Vermicide.
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Clove is a stimulating and energizing essential oil.
- As a cooking spice, Clove adds a spicy flavor to any dish or dessert.
- Place one drop of Clove in two ounces of water and gargle for a soothing effect.
- Clove helps to clean the teeth and gums while promoting fresh breath.
- Combine two drops of Clove with doTERRA SPA Hand and Body Lotion for a warming massage.
- During your nightly routine, add one drop of Clove to your toothbrush before applying toothpaste.
- After your six-month cleaning at the dentist, apply one drop of Clove to the teeth and gums.
- Clove essential oil contains powerful antioxidant properties.*
- During the fall and winter seasons, diffuse three drops of Clove with two drops of Cinnamon and one drop of Wild Orange for an invigorating scent.
- Place two to three drops of Clove in a doTERRA Veggie Capsule and take internally to support cardiovascular health.*
- Dilute Clove and apply it to the gums for a soothing effect.
- Clove naturally repels insects.
- It helps to quench free radicals and maintain a healthy immune system.*
- This essential oil may also help support the lungs and respiratory tract, the stomach and gastrointestinal tract, the joints, the liver, the nervous system, and metabolism.*
- Clove soothes and supports the nervous system.*
- It may help to support healthy cellular function.*
- It promotes a healthy immune response when under stress.*
- This essential oil promotes healthy blood circulation.*
- Clove has well-known cleansing properties that may help protect against environmental threats.*
- It helps enhance the absorption of other nutrients.*
- It may help to support healthy blood sugar levels already in the normal range.*
- Clove helps to support healthy bones.*
- It may calm tense muscles.*