Clary Sage (Salvia Sclarea)
Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, allowing for a restful night’s sleep.
Clary Sage is fantastic for women, from PMS, depression and anxiety, women’s health issues and so much more, Clary Sage is truly a women’s best friend.
Emotionally, it’s the Oil of Clarity and Vision, assisting individuals in changing their perceptions. It gives courage to “see” the truth. One of the finest oils for the brow chakra, Clary Sage dispels darkness and illusion, helping a person to see their limiting belief systems.
Clary Sage encourages individuals to remain open to new ideas and new perspectives. It can assist during a healing crisis when a drastic change of perspective is required. Clary Sage opens the soul to new possibilities and experiences.
Clary Sage teaches the spirit how to use it’s divinely given gifts and is especially helpful in clarifying spiritual vision. It assists in developing the gift of discernment. It invites individuals to expand their vision and accept the reality of the spiritual world.
To order your essential oils, click here
Emmenagogue, Galactagogue, Neurotonic, Mucolytic, Anticoagulant, Sedative, Antispasmodic
Blends Well With
How to Use
- During your menstrual cycle, apply Clary Sage to the abdomen for a soothing massage.
- Combine Clary Sage with Roman Chamomile and add it to bath water for a stress-relieving experience.
- Apply one to two drops of Clary Sage to the bottoms of the feet or to the pulse points.
- Add three to four drops to shampoo or conditioner to promote healthy looking hair and scalp.
- Apply one to two drops of this essential oil to pillowcases to prepare for a restful night’s sleep.
- Clary Sage is known for its calming aroma and topical benefits to the skin.
- It is one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils.*
- Apply it topically to soothe the skin.
- Diffuse Clary Sage at bedtime to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.
- Clary Sage blends well with Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, Coriander, Grapefruit, Juniper Berry, Lemon, Lime, Lavender Melaleuca, Wild Orange, Sandalwood, Petitgrain, Rose, Spikenard, and Tangerine essential oils.
- This essential oil may synergistically help to soothe and calm the nervous system.*
- A topical massage with Clary Sage calms and supports healthy mood, particularly during menstruation and menopause.
- It creates a restful environment while reducing feelings of stress and anxiousness.