Basil (Ocimum Basilicum)
Basil, is from the Greek word, meaning “King” and was believed to open the gateways to heaven. Fast forward thousands of years, Basil is well loved in so many ways.
Basil has a warm, spicy, yet herbal aroma known to reduce anxious feelings. Basil provides great benefits to both the mind and body due to its high linalool content, making it an ideal application to help reduce feelings of tension when applied to the temples and back of the neck. Basil is commonly used in cooking to add a fresh, herbal flavor to meats, pastas, and entrée dishes, and it is also cooling to the skin. When diffused, Basil helps promote focus and a stress-relieving experience.
Basil is known as the Oil of Renewal, assisting individuals who feel anxious, weary, overwhelmed, tired, drained, exhausted and addicted. Basil helps to restore one’s self and promote feelings of energised, renewed, rejuvenated, rested and strengthened.
Basil isn’t just the Oil of Renewal for the emotions, but physcially as well. By applying Basil Essential Oil with a carrier oil to the under eye area before bed, your eyes will appear more rested and rejuvenated in the morning. Dark circles and bags under eyes be gone!
To order your essential oils, click here
Linalool, Methylchavicol, Eugenol
Stimulant, Neurotonic, Steroidal, Regenerative, Anti-spasmodic, Anti-inflammatory, Anti-bacterial, Digestive
Blends Well With
How to Use
- Basil has a warm and spicy, yet herbal aroma.
- It acts as a cooling agent for the skin.
- It promotes mental alertness and lessens occasional anxious feelings.*
- Diffuse Basil to promote a sense of focus while studying, reading, or completing other tasks that require mental clarity.
- Massage Basil and Wintergreen with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil on the back of the neck for a stress-relieving experience.
- This essential oil may help to ease monthly feminine discomfort.*
- Take a drop of Basil internally to provide soothing support during your menstrual cycle.*
- Diffuse Basil for feelings of relief at the end of your work day.
- Add it to your favorite Italian dishes for a refreshing taste.
- Blend Basil with Lime, Bergamot, and/or Peppermint for an invigorating aroma.
- Apply it to the temples and the back of the neck to reduce feelings of tension.
- Basil supports healthy immune function and response.*
- This essential oil has cleansing properties.
- It helps to support healthy blood flow.*
- Apply this essential oil topically to reduce the appearance of blemishes.
- It may soothe and calm the nervous system.*
- Basil supports gastrointestinal health and function.*
- It helps to reduce gas.*
- Diffuse Basil to promote feelings of calmness and relaxation.
- Combine Basil with Clove and Melaleuca for a mouth rinse that keeps the gums and teeth clean and healthy.
- Basil may calm tense muscles.*
- Combine Basil with Geranium and citrus essential oils for an uplifting massage.